Tuesday, March 3, 2009

God's Faithfulness to the House of Teeuwen

I’ve been reading through Joshua lately and this past week was trying to work my way through the passages about the Israelites dividing up the land. I must admit I was praying hard about what the Lord wanted me to see in these passages because they were moving a bit slow! At the end of Chapter 21 as I was about to close I came upon, “Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.”

I thought to myself, “Wow, what a special verse. Not one failed. I need to apply this to my own life.” As I began to meditate on the verse the Enemy began to whisper the fear I’ve struggled with since moving to Greece. “Why would anyone want to support you here? It isn’t third-world Albania, nor is it war torn Kosovo. It is the nice country of Greece. I began to pray that God would take away this fear and that I would be able to claim this verse in my own life.

About 5 minutes later I went to check my emails. The first one I read was from a friend who said she and her husband would like to start supporting us. I sat there at the computer and cried tears of joy. Not 5 minutes after I had claimed that verse for myself, the Lord was showing me that none of His promises to “the house of Teeuwen,” my house, would fail.” He is faithful even when we need reminders to see it!

Additionally, this week we celebrated our son’s 13th birthday. We had been discussing having a party with a couple of his friends and Philip had expressed the idea of going rock climbing or playing paint ball. After checking into the prices, I realized that both were probably not something that we could do. I felt very bad telling him this and later challenged him to take his request to God. I explained that God doesn’t always give us what we want but that He does tell us to pray about everything and let our requests be known to Him. Philip responded well even though I know he was disappointed. A few days later a friend called to offer me tickets to a climbing park at half price! I couldn’t believe it, as I had never mentioned anything to him about wanting tickets to the park. I knew that this was an answer to Philip’s and my prayers. What an incredible birthday gift this was for Philip, not just the trip to the park but the personal lesson from God. That He does hear and answer prayers and that He is not just the God of Mom and Dad but of Philip too! We all had an incredible day at the climbing park and reveling in God’s faithfulness to us all. Alecia Teeuwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment