Friday, March 27, 2009

A Date With God

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

I want to thank GOD for the chance that He gave me to have a wonderful trip on the MORNING STAR last weekend. I believe that the Lord wanted me to make this special trip but there was another who desired to stand in my way.

The first night was very difficult for me. The wind was blowing and the boat was rocking. I panicked as I felt the boat rolling from side to side. I was so afraid and just wanted to leave and get off the boat. Everyone else around me was trying to sleep and I just started to cry.

I was so desperate that I woke the captain and told him that I couldn’t continue with the trip and that I needed to go ashore. He explained to me that this would be difficult, as it would mean waking others who were sleeping to get me from the ship to the shore and that it was the middle of the night. He asked me to consider trying to manage until the morning.

I am so thankful for my best friend, Liza who stayed up with me and prayed with me all through the night.

The next morning came and we headed off for Limni with me still on board.! I believe that my fear and panic was an attack from the devil because he didn’t want me to experience the blessing that God had in store for me.

While in port the next morning, the captain asked us to go somewhere in the village and to spend some time with God. I took my bible and headed for the beach. It had an amazing view and was so peaceful. I opened my bible to Isaiah 41:8-13. As I read, I felt so small and started to cry. I also began to pray.

I understood that the Lord was there with me and that He was talking to me through His Word. I felt that He was on a date with me and wanted me to just be there, alone with Him. He had been waiting for a long time for me to come and to talk to Him. I felt just like Adam and Eve, walking and talking with the Lord on that beautiful beach. It was amazing.

I prayed and decided to put my trust in Him and to not be afraid anymore. He holds me in His hands and wants me to have faith in every sector of my life!!
I am so grateful for this experience on the Morning Star, for the new friends that I met and for the faithfulness of my friend Liza and the others who supported me through my fears. I am especially thankful for my Lord and for the intimate fellowship that we shared together.
Esmeralda

No comments:

Post a Comment