Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Beautiful Feet of the Gospel

As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10:15

Over the past weekend I had the privilege of traveling to northern Greece to visit two of our national workers. As I drove from home to home visiting people with one of them, I began to notice a common element to all the stories. I would ask Ilias, "Where did you meet this person, and where did you meet that one?" The answer was always the same "I met them while I was preaching on the train." Over the course of 2 days and many stories I had a profound respect for the power of the gospel.

At last we came to the home of the other national worker, Harris. He is pastor of a small church fellowship and over the past few months, a whole family and two other individuals have become believers. Harris did not preach to them on the train, but day in and day out faithfully lived out his faith in that community. It was the love of God in the life of Harris that drew these people. It was the love of God in Harris that I saw gently caring for those entrusted into his care.

What I saw in Ilias and Harris were beautiful feet each using unique gifts. I will leave you with the last verse of the song "Beautiful feet" by Lecrae. My prayer is the same as his.

“I pray that more would be burdened to have beautiful feet
you never knew the streets but truth is what you preach
I pray to God you'd be burdened for beautiful feet
Go, go, go (run with those beautiful feet).”


Heath Meikle

No comments:

Post a Comment